Thursday, October 23, 2008

Saving fish from drowning...not just an Amy Tan novel

So today was another day when I thanked Steve Jobs for creating the ITouch, I am too cheap to get the IPhone but allowed my husband his grand gesture and accepted the ITouch. Today it saved many lives (of the fish variety!) I was working in the Nature Center at my children's school and was trying to do a basic fall cleanup. I went in and realized the nifty net we stretched over the pond to catch leaves had sunk in under all the weight and had also trapped many innocent fish. After pulling out the net and tossing a dozen or so fish back in I noticed the water was also pitch black. Very bad. So I was online in a flash thanks to the free Wi Fi in the building and getting great instructions on pond care. Restarting the pump and exposure to sunshine will do the trick.

No comments: